110 Fun Things To Do Now That You’ve Survived Boston’s Worst Winter Ever
May 2, 2015 - bbq set
We’ve hibernated, holed up, and hunkered down for a improved partial of 5 months. At prolonged last, it’s time to go out and have some fun. Here’s a beam to 110 things to do—one for any in. of sleet we endured during that long, prolonged winter.
1. Get a dip (or two) of artistic gelato. European sequence Amorino Gelato usually non-stop adult a Newbury Street outpost, where they arrange flower-shaped masterpieces in flavors like scotch vanilla, stracciatella, and femminello lemon. To be fair, a epicurean gelato is a genuine star of a show, though a full coffee bar, chocolates, and pastries make this a place value delayed around all afternoon.
249 Newbury St., Boston,
2. Eat a lobster sandwich. Tucked divided on a still side street, Alive and Kicking is a go-to for a raise of shucked crustacean between dual slices of buttered toast. For purists, it’s a bit unorthodox—the nearest physique of H2O is a Charles, after all—but one punch is all it takes to flip even a staunchest New Englander. Just beware: In these parts, it’s not called a lobster roll, and a owners will scold you.
269 Putnam Ave., Cambridge, aliveandkickinglobsters.com
3. Unleash your insurgent yell. The best partial about Tuesday nights during Redd’s in Rozzie isn’t a special burger-centric menu featuring smothered patties. It’s what happens after 7 p.m., when they start cheering out Bingo numbers, and a place transforms into a madhouse. Prizes change from week to week, though typically embody home-baked goodies pleasantness of Chef Delicious.
4257 Washington St., Roslindale, reddsinrozzie.com
4. Find out what’s improved than tacos. Two words: total tacos. Lolita Cocina and Tequila Bar hosts all-you-can-eat tough shells for $9, accompanied by their residence prohibited salsa and salsas, any Monday from 5 to 11 p.m.
271 Dartmouth St., Boston, lolitatequilabars.com
5. Try a pie. There are many reasons to conduct over to Rosebud American Kitchen Bar. Not slightest among them is a dessert box packed with homemade pies. If we don’t take out a few slices, go all in on a turtle pie, that is done from pecans, caramel, chocolate, and churned cream. It pairs ever-so-nicely with buck-a-cup coffee.
381 Summer St., Somerville, rosebudkitchen.com
6. Slurp your daily fruit requirement. Housemade paletas during Pressed, a new extract bar on Charles Street, come in singular flavors trimming from chili-lime cucumber to strawberry-white balsamic to blood orange with coconut divert and thyme. Whichever we select, it’ll be a lovely appendage to a wander along a cobblestones.
120 Charles St., Boston, pressedboston.com
7. Break for breakfast. If we like waffles — that is to say, if you’re a living, respirating tellurian — though don’t have time to try over to a strange Cambridge bakery, Zinneken’s food lorry serves authentic Belgian waffles. This is a initial open a lorry hits a streets, so line adult and slather on a maple syrup, Nutella, peanut butter, and/or churned cream.
8. Get a quarter-pounder with cheese in Paris. Or a Royale with Cheese here. Fork Tune will horde a Pulp Fiction soundtrack-inspired community dining pop-up during Treats on Washington. Chef Jessica Brown and horde Dana Briley will take guest on four-course feast, cleared down with a Shot of Adrenaline, aka a boozy Vanilla Coke snowcone.
May 1 and 9, 379 Washington St., Boston, treatsboston.com, eventbrite.com
9. Eat ice cream during a dairy farm. At this lifelike pasture, a scoops are supersized compared with a run-of-the-mill ice cream parlors. Ask for sprinkles layered during a bottom and tip of your ice cream during no additional charge. Whipped cream, too, though during that point, we competence as good make it a sundae.
407 Bay Road, Sharon, crescentridge.com
10. Picnic like a boss. If you’re looking for a approach to spend a idle Saturday — though you’re feeling usually plain, well, idle — call adult a pros, and lease a entirely installed cruise basket en lane to your favorite greenspace. Central Bottle bonds theirs with Iggy’s baguette, New England cheeses, house-made fig jam, and more, along with your choice of red, white, rose, or beer.
196 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, centralbottle.com
11. Work your approach by Chinatown. The conflict of a soup dumplings is one prolonged attested by xiaolongbao aficionados. Boston has 3 categorical players: Dumpling Cafe, Gourmet Dumpling House, and Taiwan Cafe, any with their possess attract and tip dough-to-filling recipe. Search for a mini luscious buns on a menu, and eat them discerning and plenty.
Dumpling Cafe, 695 Washington St., Boston, dumplingcafe.com
Gourmet Dumpling House, 52 Beach St.
Boston Taiwan Cafe, 34 Oxford St., Boston, taiwancafeboston.com
12. Release your savage of burden. Jamaica Plain’s Tres Gatos — one partial tapas restaurant, dual tools book and record emporium — hosts a Rolling Stones-themed JP Sings open mic night on May 19. Locals are speedy to move their possess interpretation of a Stones’ catalog of classics for an 8-10 review. Their possess instruments, too.
470 Centre St., Boston,
13. Find some Southern comfort. The Kentucky Derby is this weekend, and usually given we’re distant north of a Mason-Dixon doesn’t meant we can’t play along. A New Englander’s packet julep repair can be confident during Estelle’s in a South End, where they’ll be blending adult a maple-twanged interpretation.
782 Tremont St., Boston, estellesboston.com
14. View new open art on a Greenway. Renowned artist Janet Echelman, who lives in Brookline, combined an aerial net sculpture that boasts some considerable stats: It’s done from over 100 miles of weave and half a million knots. It weighs approximately 1 ton. And it will soar hundreds of feet above a Fort Point Channel Park by October.
Opens May 11, rosekennedygreenway.org
15. Laugh your donkey off. Between starring in a new film and using her strike Comedy Central show, Amy Schumer is staid for a dermatitis year in 2015. The rising stand-up starlet will move her ardent formula of comedy to The Wilbur in May.
May 28. 246 Tremont St., Boston, thewilbur.com
16. Test expostulate your festival wardrobe. The 32nd annual MayFair in Harvard Square and Cinco de Mayo travel jubilee welcomes The Sheila Divine, Air Traffic Controller, Hallelujah The Hills, and others to a two-stage setup alongside muck from internal restaurants and hundreds of selected and qualification vendors.
May 3; sleet date is May 17, harvardsquare.com
17. Listen to someone else’s mother. Alma Wahlberg and Diane Gronkowski, arguably Boston’s favorite moms, will plate on their famous families during a Foxwoods Celebrity Mothers Panel for Mother’s Day weekend. Every mom in assemblage will accept a rose and a possibility to win prizes like solid earrings and sauna packages. Don’t design to win a date with Gronk or a Wahlberg, though…
May 8. 350 Trolley Line Blvd., Mashantucket, Connecticut, foxwoods.com
18. Have a time of your life. The theatre prolongation of Dirty Dancing waltzes a approach into a Emerson Colonial Theatre this spring. Learn Baby and Johnny’s moves during a special dance category taught by members of a expel on May 5, as a partial of this year’s ArtWeekBoston.
April 28-May 10, 106 Boylston St., Boston, citicenter.org
19. Drive with your windows down. Shuffle your playlist, prep your outspoken chords, and put your pedal to a metal. Check out a Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism site for curated guides of some of a state’s many scenic drives, or download the Field Trip or Roadtrippers app for play-by-play suggestions along your route.
20. Immerse yourself in art. The Copley Society of Art’s 27th annual Fresh Paint Gala is May 9. You can sip cocktails, taste on hors d’oeuvres, and suffer a wordless auction of some-more than 80 creatively embellished works of art, that embody pieces featuring landmarks in Boston and surrounding areas.
Copley Society of Art, 158 Newbury St., Boston, copleysociety.org
21. Cue a giggle track. Canton-born comic Bill Burr creates his jubilant homecoming this open with 9 (nine!) loyal days of shows during The Wilbur. The Massachusetts internal also is set to star in Netflix’s arriving charcterised comedy, F Is for Family, conflicting Laura Dern and Justin Long, after this year.
May 9-18, 246 Tremont St., Boston,
22. Raise a stakes with complicated hitters. After holding bullion during a 2008 Olympics, pugilist James DeGale hopes to supplement another endowment to his collection when he faces Andre Dirrell during Agganis Arena this May. Should DeGale emerge victorious, he’ll make story by apropos a initial British Olympic champion to also win a universe title.
May 23, 925 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, premierboxingchampions.com
23. Rev your engines. What improved approach to spend Father’s Day weekend than saying 12-foot trucks burst 30 feet in a air? Check out all a mayhem when Monster Jam’s Path of Destruction 2015 rolls into Gillette Stadium.
June 20, 1 Patriot Place, Foxborough, monsterjam.com
24. Catch adult with Batman. Pop enlightenment and comic book icons of a past will take over a Shriners Auditorium for this summer’s Northeast Comic Con. Hercules star Kevin Sorbo and a mythological TV Batman Adam West are usually some of a famous faces set to make guest appearances.
June 20-21, 99 Fordham Road, Wilmington, necomiccon.net
25. Putter up. Soak adult a object and rivet in a tiny accessible foe during a spin of mini golf. Solid internal options embody a famous Route 1 Miniature Golf Batting Cages (look for a observable orange dinosaur) in Saugus and Castle Creek Adventure Land in Salem. Loser buys drinks during Salem Beer Works.
Route 1 Miniature Golf Batting Cages, 1575 Broadway, Saugus, theorangedinosaur.com
Castle Creek Adventure Land, 100-114 Swampscott Road, Salem, castlecreekadventureland.com
26. Throwback to your childhood. Legoland has it figured out any third Wednesday of a month, when a playspace opens a gates to grown-ups for 18+ adult nights — though kiddos and with a money bar. On May 20, they’re hosting an 1980s-themed adult prom, including a dance-off, aristocrat and queen, and more.
598 Assembly Row, Somerville, legolanddiscoverycenter.com
27. Support a Revolution. Rekindle memories of a World Cup by streamer to a Major League Soccer diversion during Gillette Stadium. The Revs underline U.S. actor Jermaine Jones, a star from a 2014 World Cup, though even still, we never have to worry about a sellout and can simply measure gameday tickets.
1 Patriot Place, Foxborough, revolutionsoccer.net
28. Up your art smarts. Four new James and Audrey Foster Prize recipients are now on arrangement in a Fotene Demoulas Gallery during a Institute of Contemporary Art by Aug 9: Ricardo De Lima, Vela Phelan, and Sandrine Schaefer, along with initial art space collective, kijidome. Swing by any Thursday from 5-9 p.m. for comped admission.
100 Northern Ave., Boston, icaboston.org
29. Skip a Loews. Ditch a hulk cineplexes, and locate a crack during an eccentric film theater. Located in a heart of Brookline, a Coolidge Corner Theatre is one of a few venues where we can fist a splash along with your popcorn. Other good options embody The Brattle, The Capitol, and a Somerville Theatre.
290 Harvard St., Brookline, coolidge.org
30. Practically take your approach into Fenway Park. The pivotal to scoring Red Sox tickets on StubHub is to collect your game, wait until as tighten to a initial representation as we can stomach, swoop in to make your buy, afterwards wander into a park like it’s nobody’s business.
31. Make Sunday night a film night. The Kirkland Tap and Trotter has a answer to a back-to-work-on-Monday-morning blues: Sunday night film screenings during a bar, with homemade BBQ popcorn, and, of course, a far-reaching preference of drafts, bottles, and cocktails.
425 Washington St., Somerville, kirklandtapandtrotter.com
32. Find something to review during a Little Free Library. You can find these miniature, freestanding library boxes scattered worldwide and circuitously around Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, and a ‘burbs. The judgment is simple, and couldn’t be some-more ideal for this time of year: Take a book, and pass one on.
33. Catch a singular crack or a double-feature from your car. Summer blockbuster deteriorate is a pleasing sign of how many New England loves to indulge in nostalgia. Drive-ins are alive and opposite a region, so raise family and friends into a car, and conduct to a drive-in. Our picks embody a Mendon Drive-in, a Leicester Triple Drive-in, and a Wellfleet Drive-in Theatre.
34. Break out your sequins. City Hall Plaza and Mayor Walsh are bringing behind a Donna Summer Memorial Roller Disco to respect a late, good Dorchester diva. Attendees are speedy to move their possess skates (or lease on-site), and boogie a night divided to DJ Kon’s groovy tracks.
6-10 p.m., Jun 19
35. Order a spin of summer standbys. For us, that customarily means a Skin and Bones during a Gallows, a summer splash so ideal they couldn’t stagger it off a anniversary lineup if they tried. It’s done with Thai basil tequila, watermelon puree, orange and agave, and slides opposite a bar with pickled watermelon and a sprig of basil.
1395 Washington St., Boston, thegallowsboston.com
36. Sip to a sunshine. On a balmy day, there’s no bar chair some-more desired than one on a roof. The city’s cocktails with a perspective come compliments of Back Bay standby Rattlesnake (sweet and sharp cranberry jalapeno margaritas!), waterfront seafood mecca Legal Harborside (strawberry sangria by a pitcher!), or a Sinclair’s Harvard Square bower (mimosa flights for brunch!).
Poe’s Kitchen during The Rattlesnake, 384 Boylston St., Boston, rattlesnakebarandgrill.com
Legal Harborside, 270 Northern Ave, Boston, legalseafoods.com
The Sinclair, 52 Church St., Cambridge, sinclaircambridge.com
37. Drink pour-over on Render’s dim patio. It’ll take some exploring, though if we conduct a retard off Mass. Ave., adult 8 steps, over a coffee counter, and past a handful of cafeteria tables, you’ll find one dim gem of a patio, finish with balmy and untrustworthy spots during many hours of a day. Just don’t forget to sequence your crater of joe along a way.
563 Columbus Ave., Boston, rendercoffeebar.com
38. Keep during slightest one growler in your fridge. Get growler fills during Trillium in Fort Point, a hole-in-the-wall taproom where a lines consistently extend out a front doorway and brief onto Congress Street. (Beer lovers will commend that as tip formula for some unequivocally good suds.)
369 Congress St., Fort Point, trilliumbrewing.com
39. Order a bucket of froth on a water. If you’re in a mood for a boozy brunch, Pier 6 has a monumental outward square right on a water. The restaurant’s house-made purees are an optional, though welcome, ascent for stir-your-own Bellinis.
1 Eighth St., Charlestown, pier6boston.com
40. Order coffee from a man on a trike. Alessandro Bellino has amassed a constant following to his full-service sailing coffee bar given he started pedaling around a city in 2012. You can find him parked in Dewey Square, where he serves coffee and slings espresso beverages with beans from Gracenote, a roasters formed in Berlin, Mass.
41. Say cheers. Raise your potion to a new deteriorate and Sam Adams Summer Ale during a Boston Beer Company’s Summer Sizzler. The $30 entrance gets we a Summer Ale, additional tastings, cook-out grub, and an forgive to acquire a summer with beer.
May 9, 30 Germaina St., Jamaica Plain, eventbrite.com
42. Wine and recline. Coolidge Corner Theatre is partnering with Wine Enthusiast for a four-part array of films and tastings kicking off May 21 with Jason Wise’s Master Sommelier Exam insider documentary, Somm.
290 Harvard St., Brookline, coolidge.org
43. Slurp it down, and shake it off. Boozy milkshakes are improved than unchanging milkshakes for all a apparent reasons. One value perplexing out is a Banana’s Foster Parent during Grass Fed, blended with vanilla ice cream, banana and dim rum, afterwards surfaced with churned cream.
Grass Fed, 605 Centre St., Jamaica Plain, grassfedjp.com
44. Rely on one touristy standby. All bets are off if we collect a steep boats, though a lips are hermetic if we expostulate a out-of-towners to a Top of a Hub, where, for a cost of acknowledgment during a Skywalk Observatory dual floors below, we can sequence a spin of martinis while holding in a same views.
800 Boylston St., topofthehub.net
45. Swirl, swish, though please, don’t spit. The Blue Room, Central Bottle and Belly Wine Bar join army to horde a renouned Sunday School array of fun workshops (think: “Port, WTF?”) on all things libation and entertaining. On May 17, a subject is “Beer for Winos,” and loyal to expert form, pairings and snacks are on offer, too.
May 17, 196 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, eventbrite.com
46. Fill adult on Del’s Lemonade. Sure, there are other ways to get Del’s closer to home, though we’ll take ours a approach it’s meant to be had: Over a limit and into Rhode Island, slurped though a spoon.
Multiple locations, dels.com
47. Sample from hundreds of qualification brews. Billed as a biggest jubilee of qualification splash on a East Coast, a annual American Craft Beer Fest is one eventuality we don’t wish to miss. Fifteen-thousand people are approaching to attend to a festival, that will have over 600 qualification brews on hand. Now that’s a lot of beer.
May 29-30, 200 Seaport Blvd., Boston. beeradvocate.com
48. Wisen adult during an Irish pub. Phoenix Landing hosts a weekly “Geeks Who Drink” trivia night on Wednesdays. While it’s fun to go with friends, it’s even improved to go with a few colleagues, who we competence know a tiny bit, though will positively know a lot improved by a finish of a night.
Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 p.m., 512 Mass. Ave., Cambridge, phoenixlandingbar.com
49. Take a yoga category in a brewery. Beer lovers, yoga lovers, and splash and yoga lovers take note: Night Shift Brewing hosts yoga inside of their taproom. (We’ll let that penetrate in for a minute.) The genuine diversion changer? Taproom yoga hits a mats on a same day their brunch menu launches on May 17.
87 Santilli Highway, Everett, nightshiftbrewing.com
50. Give adult unhappy list lunch once and for all. Every weekday around lunchtime, we have a choice: Eat a tin-foil wrapped sandwich during your desk, and continue to retard divided during those TPS reports, or get up, get out, and play a diversion of pickup soccer. Sure, we competence have to stay during a bureau past 5 p.m., though that seems like a tiny tradeoff.
51. Hike a Fells. They’re not a White Mountains, though they’re a whole lot closer. The Middlesex Fells Reservation in Medford offers one of a easiest opportunities for a tiny healthy use from civic living. And if we make it adult to Wright’s Tower, you’ll find one of a improved views of a city looking south toward a city.
Malden, Medford, Stoneham, Melrose, Winchester, mass.gov
52. Run during a song festival. With a celebration before, during, and after a race, Night Nation Run is a many improved choice to respirating in clouds of kaleidoscopic corn starch. There are live DJs, dancers, lightshows, and selfie-stations along a course, so this isn’t a foe for people who caring about their finishing time.
June 6, starting during a Brockton Fair, 600 Belmont St., Brockton, nightnationrun.com
53. Just uncover up. The November Project has taken a city and now a nation by storm. Here’s how it works: Join in giveaway workouts 3 mornings a week around a city — Harvard Stadium is a favorite of a internal clan — though a drills stay engaging and challenging. Think of it as your possibility to fasten on to that 6:30 a.m. aptness report you’ve always wanted.
54. Learn to climb. Boston Rock Gym is a place to go if your endgame is to mount like Mother Nature intended. It’s a oldest mill gym on a East Coast and a second oldest in a country. A day pass and rigging will set we behind reduction than $25.
78G Olympia Ave. Woburn, bostonrockgym.com
55. Zip by spring. This is your childhood stadium on steroids. Technically a day trip, you’ll slide, balance, jump, climb, and pitch by a trees during this barrier course. The Treetop Obstacle Course consists of over 80 elements, so it is unequivocally designed for thrill-seekers.
4323 Vermont Route 108 South, Smugglers’ Notch, Vermont, smuggs.com
56. Hit a Charles. Running a Charles is so final year. Try kayaking during one of Charles River Canoe and Kayak’s 4 locations in Cambridge, Newton, Waltham, or Boston. They also offer paddleboarding, though with a aloft possibility of falling, maybe wait a few some-more months for warmer water.
Reopens May 2, Charles River Canoe Kayak, paddleboston.com
57. Drink a Kool-Aid. CrossFit Southie binds giveaway classes any Saturday during noon and Thursday during 7 p.m. A kettlebell examination with Coach Christina will leave we panting for atmosphere on a building in a best approach possible.
385 Dorchester Ave., Boston, crossfitsouthie.com
58. Take a category for a favorite price: free. And they’re outside, that is a and for your aptness Instagram-ability. The Norman B. Leventhal Park provides giveaway aptness classes — all from Zumba to yoga to pilates — in a heart of a Financial District in Post Office Square starting Jun 1.
Starting Jun 1, weed during 130 Congress St., Boston, normalbleventhalpark.org
59. Walk for a cause. The Eversource Walk for Boston Children’s Hospital is an annual Boston tradition that draws thousands of walkers to Baxter Park during Assembly Row and along a Mystic River. After, conduct to a Assembly Row shops to get a Pimm’s Cup (Pimm’s, chai iced tea, ginger, uninformed lemon and cucumber) during Earl’s.
June 14, 100 Foley St., Somerville, childrenshospital.org
60. Pick adult your after-hours game. For a post-work basketball player, Peters Park in a South End has outward lighting that creates it a good place to fist in some hoops. The dual courts are used for girl leagues and skills clinics, though they are also open for classical games of collect adult and infrequent P-I-G players.
1277 Washington St., Boston; peterspark.org
61. Partake in a three-day dance party. It competence take a Brahmins adult a travel some removing used to, though for 6 days a year, City Hall Plaza transforms into a sepulchral unison venue. The Memorial Day book of Boston Calling facilities headliners Beck, My Morning Jacket, and a Pixies along with a lineup that keeps removing improved and improved any season.
May 22-24, City Hall Plaza, Boston, bostoncalling.com
62. Go for a stroll, stay for a strumming. The Somerville Arts Council’s annual Porchfest earnings May 16, and stoops, decks, and sidewalks are satisfactory diversion in this all-day jam session. Local acts of all genres will be staggered in 3 quadrants of a city: Central (noon-2 p.m.), Central to Willow (2-4 p.m.,) and west of Willow (4-6 p.m.).
63. Find your summer anthem. Ellis Ludwig-Leone’s Brooklyn-based antique cocktail organisation San Fermin will play The Sinclair May 8. The wire recently expelled a sophomore album, “Jackrabbit,” on Apr 21, though an early listen of a singular “Parasites” warranted a wire reviews as “electrified, amplified and, above all, emboldened,” from NPR.
52 Church St., Cambridge, sinclaircambridge.com
64. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair). Lowell’s summer song array strictly kicks off with a Kenny Wayne Shepard Band and Jonny Lang on Jun 19. The outward amphitheater will also acquire Boston-bred wire Lake Street Dive on Aug 28 and former Black Crowes’ frontman Chris Robinson’s Brotherhood on Jul 17.
Boarding House Park, 40 French St., Lowell, lowellsummermusic.org
65. Bow down. “Fifty Shades of Bey” is entrance to a Oberon for a two-night run May 14 and 15. The interactive opening by Lipstick Criminals and executive Vanessa White (“The Slutcracker”) is an all Beyoncé-choreographed dance night.
2 Arrow St., Cambridge, americanrepertorytheater.org
66. Jump during a possibility to see Bette Midler live. The Divine Miss M will be behaving her biggest hits for her initial debate in a decade. It’s aptly patrician “Divine Intervention,” indeed.
June 12, TD Garden, 100 Legends Way, Boston, ticketmaster.com
67. Get your fan girl/guy on. This one has all a mixture for a screamfest: Hometown child wire New Kids on a Block stops by a Garden as partial of a The Main Event tour, assimilated by Nelly and TLC’s Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins and Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas.
June 24 and 25, TD Garden, 100 Legends Way, Boston, ticketmaster.com
68. See cover bands for no cover. The Lighthouse Bar in Lincoln hosts live cover bands like Bon Jersey and Run for Covers on Friday and Saturday nights. Admission is free. Two-drink smallest is optimal.
Twin River Casino, 100 Twin River Road, Lincoln, Rhode Island, twinriver.com
69. Rev adult your windpipes. Florence Welch’s Florence + a Machine will move her observable vocals to a Blue Hills Bank Pavilion on Jun 10. The Grammy-nominated Brit energy essence wire has been solemnly leaking new marks to their Jun 2 release, “How Big How Blue How Beautiful,” and will be creation name U.S. rounds before to attack a summer festival circuit.
290 Northern Ave., Boston, bluehillsbankpavilion.net
70. Own a night. Country crooners Lady Antebellum pitch by a Xfinity Center in Mansfield. Break out your cut-off denim and cowboy boots for a night of soulful tunes underneath a stars.
May 30, 885 S. Main St., Mansfield, thexfinitycenter.com
71. Listen to live song on a Mystic River. Assembly Row launches dual song array this summer, infusing opposite sounds opposite a neighborhood. Acoustic Mondays will run Jun 1 by Sept. 28 and take place during The Point. LIVE Music Thursdays will run Jun 4 by Sept. 24 and will take place in a amphitheater in Baxter Park.
100 Foley St., Somerville, assemblyrow.com
72. Watch gorillas eat lunch. The Franklin Park Zoo’s 7 western lowland gorillas eat lunch any day during 2 p.m., noshing on fruits, flowers, shoots, bulbs, bark, leaves and invertebrates, such as ants and termites. Your kids will adore this. Trust us.
1 Franklin Park Road, Boston, zoonewengland.org
73. Get steamy. Grab your tip hat, and enter a universe of steampunk, a humanities and lifestyle transformation desirous by Victorian-era conform and works of scholarship fiction. The Watch City Steampunk Festival takes over Waltham a second Saturday in May. In further to a art shows and song performances, a giveaway outward eventuality will also have a series of renouned vendors on hand, including Bon Me and Roxy’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese.
May 9, 610 Main St., Waltham, watchcityfestival.com
74. Swing by a city’s trendiest lawn. If it’s probable for a integrate of acres of weed to be certainly cool, afterwards a Lawn on D has it made. The Lawn, that kicks off a new deteriorate on May 15, has all from outward games to live song events, so there’s a tiny something for everyone.
420 D St., South Boston, lawnond.com
75. Party during sea. Set cruise from Rowe’s Wharf with a Boatonian, one of a city’s many renouned celebration cruises. The Boatonian takes to a seas any Thursday by Sunday starting in late May, with any night dedicated to a opposite song theme.
70 Rowes Wharf, Boston, boatonian.com
76. See a stars. When a continue is right, a Coit Observatory during Boston University offers some of a best sights of a city. Public Open Night starts during 8:30 p.m. any Wednesday night, and guest are welcomed to reap a beauty of a galaxies around BU’s swift of telescopes for free. Check @BUObservatory for updated continue info.
725 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, bu.edu
77. Captain your possess ship. Take an F-13 mini speed vessel for a spin out to a Harbor Islands. En route, perspective unconditional skyline views and touristy spots like a USS Constitution in a whole new approach on this 90-minute tour.
Opens May 23, Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boats, India Wharf Marina, Boston, bostonminispeedboats.com
78. Fly a kite. Hands down, a favorite kite mark is a Robbins Farm Park in Arlington Heights, where a city’s skyline serves as a ideal backdrop.
51 Eastern Ave., Arlington, robbinsfarmpark.org
79. Hit a slopes. T-shirts, sunscreen, and BBQs are all a fury during a horde of New England ski areas this spring. Killington in Vermont says “with any luck” it will be open into June. The review is charity a $199 Nor’Beaster Spring Pass for total skiing until a tighten date.
4763 Killington Road, Killington, Vermont, killington.com
80. Pick your possess berries. There’s zero utterly like creatively picked berries in a summer. Prime strawberry picking time is mid-June until early July, usually in time for blueberry deteriorate to hurl in, so devise now and go often.
Ward’s Berry Farm, 614 S. Main St., Sharon, wardsberryfarm.com
81. Set sail. Feel a breeze in your hair and a Charles next your feet. This needs to be a year we finally take out a sailboat for a spin, or try your palm during windsurfing, paddleboarding, and kayaking.
Community Boating, Inc., 21 David G. Mugar Way, Boston, community-boating.org
82. Ride a new drum coaster. Thrill-seekers will mount 109 feet and thrust during 55 mph on Six Flags New England’s new Wicked Cyclone, that debuts this season. It’s billed as a East Coast’s initial hybrid drum coaster, comprised of a park’s classical wooden Cyclone coaster and a state-of-the-art steel track.
Six Flags New England, Route 159, 1623 Main St., Agawam, sixflags.com
83. Watch dragons take a Charles. Relax by a stream and watch giant, Hong Kong-style boats foe around a Charles for this year’s Boston Dragon Boat Festival. Usually sketch over 20,000 spectators, a annual eventuality is a largest Asian-American informative eventuality in New England. Go for tons of good food, performances, and humanities on hand.
June 13-14, Charles River in Boston and Cambridge, bostondragonboat.org
84. Tackle a Berkshires one tree during a time. Sure, you’ve been to a Berkshires. But we gamble we haven’t seen it like this. At Ramblewild, we can debate a land around an aerial park full of high wires, zip lines, wire ladders, and dangling bridges.
Ramblewild, 110 Brodie Mountain Road, Lanesborough, ramblewild.com
85. Make like a kid, and float a carousel. We know you’ve suspicion about it. Now’s a time to finally burst on. The Greenway Carousel is done of delicately crafted, internal characters — including a lobster — desirous by a drawings of Boston propagandize children, that creates it truly one of a kind.
Across from Christopher Columbus Park and Faneuil Hall Marketplace, rosekennedygreenway.org
86. Walk Good Harbor Beach during low tide. With pleasing white silt and frequency any rocks, what creates Good Harbor mount out among a rest is that during low tide, beach bums can travel out to Salt Island to try a turf and hunt for cenobite crabs. Just make it behind before a waves comes in.
Thatcher Road, Gloucester, gloucesterma.com
87. Row a vessel around Jamaica Pond. The Boston Parks and Recreation Department teams adult with Courageous Sailing any open and summer to move inexpensive quarrel vessel rentals to a town’s former reservoir. The boathouse is open for business from Patriots’ Day to Halloween.
507 Jamaicaway, Jamaica Plain, courageoussailing.org/jamaicapond
88. Bike a Minuteman Trail. This free, fun float starts in Arlington/Cambridge and spans 11 miles by suburbia. There are also dual other New England Rail-to-Trails Conservancy Hall of Fame Routes to try if we are looking to get divided for a day: Island Line Rail Trail in Vermont and East Bay Bike Path in Rhode Island.
Intersection of Alewife Brook Parkway and Cambridge Park Drive, Cambridge, minutemanbikeway.org
89. Read a book during a picture-perfect spot. The usually thing improved than a good book is reading by one while perched during a picture-perfect spot. Head to a North End Parks to find one. We’re articulate colorful gardens, fountains, and copiousness of benches. Don’t forget to demeanour adult between chapters to take in a view.
90. Play weed games on a Common. Want some jaunty foe though don’t wish to get sweaty? On a balmy day, take your bocce set, frisbee/KanJam combo, or cornhole and bags to a Boston Common with some friends. It’s fun and free. We adore free.
Bound by Tremont, Beacon, Charles, Park and Boylston Streets, cityofboston.gov
91. Go birding (no, really). Join associate birders this open during Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, where birding has been a tradition given 1870. The tomb was designated an Important Bird Area in Massachusetts in 2002. And if we don’t see any birds, you’ll find still and assent of mind.
580 Mount Auburn St., Cambridge, mountauburn.org
92. Buy a square of art. The annual MassArt Spring Sale is your possibility to crop (and buy!) one-of-a-kind design combined by a school’s students and alumni, whose talents embody sculpture, painting, pottery, jewelry, and more. The sale overlaps with Mother’s Day weekend, so we know what to do.
May 3-9, 621 Huntington Ave., massart.edu
93. Hunt for value during a Winsmith Mill Market. Take a brief expostulate out of a city to Norwood, where we can try this aged converted indent with over a dozen antique stores and crafters. These shops will lend impression and character to your place though a shame that comes with engineer cost tags.
61 Endicott St., Norwood, facebook.com/winsmithmilmarket
94. Stock adult on penny candy. Step behind in time during Marlborough’s Wayside Country Store — it dates behind to 1790! — or a Old Country Store and Emporium in West Mansfield Village where we can find locally done edibles and home goods, though sadly, not during a 18th century price.
The Old Country Store and Emporium, 26 Otis St., Mansfield, oldcountrystoreonline.com
The Wayside Country Store, 1015 Boston Post Road, Marlborough, waysidecountrystore.com
95. Hone your immature thumb. Apr showers move May flowers, though little-known fact: You need to plant them first. The Boston Gardner in a South End bonds a resources of reserve for civic gardeners. It’s usually a discerning wander divided from Niche Urban Garden Supply, where we can collect adult city-friendly seedlings to start your bounty.
Niche Urban Garden Supply, 619 Tremont St., Boston, nicheboston.com
The Boston Gardner, 2131 Washington St., Boston, boston-gardener.com
96. Make your favorite bookworm smile. Take an zealous reader to a outward sale yard during a Brattle Book Shop. Established in 1825, a antiquarian emporium is stairs from Downtown Crossing and boasts thousands of titles between one and 5 bucks a pop.
9 West St., Boston, brattlebookshop.com
97. Head adult to Newburyport. Stroll past centuries-old shops flashy with colorful unresolved baskets, where products trimming from excellent art to wardrobe to antiques await. If shipment is your thing, Pandora’s Box is a gem. The women’s shipment emporium now has dual locations in town, a newest usually stairs divided from a original.
14 Pleasant St., Newburyport, pandorasboxconsignment.com
98. Treat yo self. The SoWa Open Market re-opens May 3, and a South End’s tack brood of vendors offers homemade pastas, workman soaps, and bouquets of uninformed flowers estimable of your weekend indulgence. The food trucks and farmers marketplace will also return, so if we leave empty-handed, a honeyed or delicious provide is still usually stairs away.
460 Harrison Ave., Boston, newenglandopenmarkets.com
99. Give yourself an eco-friendly escape. Follain, a healthy beauty boutique that’s been saving face in a South End and on Nantucket for months, usually non-stop adult a squeaky clean, new emporium on Charles Street. Go in to browse, and breathe a whine of relief: Owner Tara Foley meticulously selects a repertoire of products that are giveaway from toxins and other damaging chemicals.
65 Charles St., Boston, and other locations, shopfollain.com
100. Explore a Cape — Cape Ann, that is. Just 45 mins north of a city, Cape Ann competence not be as smart as Cape Cod, though it’s reduction pricey, reduction crowded, and oozes New England attract all a same. Go for a area’s 5 ancestral lighthouses, stretches of sandy beaches, and copiousness of art galleries. Don’t forget to stop by Rocky Neck Art Colony, a 150-year-old cluster of artists-in-residence that is one of a oldest in a country.
101. Drive it like we stole it. Take a circle of a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or another outlandish automobile with an instructor in a newcomer chair during Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park. A integrate of laps around a highway march or oval, and you’ll never consider about Boston drivers a same approach again.
205 East Thompson Road, Thompson, Connecticut, thompsonspeedway.com
102. Find one lobster shed value roving to. We’d be hard-pressed to find a improved approach to spend a day than during a Parker River National Wildlife retreat on Plum Island. On a approach behind to a city, pitch by Bob Lobster, fist a cruise list outside, and suffer unconditional flatland views as a object sets over Newburyport.
49 Plum Island Turnpike, Newbury, boblobster.com
103. Visit a square bar during a Ocean House. You’ll have to look around a dilemma of a hotel to mark a beach bar, though once we find it, you’ll be blissful we did. Order adult a few tiny plates, flog back, and suffer a view. You’ll have to cheuffer your automobile on bustling days, so remember to take some cash.
425 Old Wharf Road, Dennisport, oceanhouserestaurant.com
104. Hop on a CapeFlyer. If a difference “Cape traffic” are adequate to send a tremble down your spine, his sight use should be your go-to. Hop on during South Station and do positively zero until we strech Hyannis or points in between. Kids age 12 and underneath float free.
Memorial Day to Labor Day, capeflyer.com
105. Roam a Gothic castle. Hammond Castle in Gloucester was built from 1926-29 as a marriage present from contriver John Hays Hammond Jr. to his bride. Wander by a good hall, indoor courtyard, Renaissance-style dining room, tip passageways, and more. For a million-dollar view, step outward to take in a gardens and ocean.
Reopens May 2, Hammond Castle, 80 Hesperus Ave., Gloucester, hammondcastle.org
106. Stroll Ogunquit’s Marginal Way. Escape a city and whine over a views while walking a fantastic Marginal Way in Ogunquit, Maine. The mile-long trail wraps along a scenic coastline. As a bonus, get half-off your stay in Ogunquit by May 22 as partial of Maine’s Hospitality for Habitat program.
107. Go au naturel. Step divided from your computer, censor your iPhone, and unplug for an whole weekend during a sprawling East Hill Farm in New Hampshire, that facilities camp during a lifelike motel and cottages. You’ll find a going is slow, a dishes are home-cooked, and a best night’s nap comes underneath a hand-stitched quilt.
The Inn during East Hill Farm, 460 Monadnock St., Troy, New Hampshire, east-hill-farm.com
108. Hike a inhabitant park. New England has no necessity of pleasing landscapes. Our favorites? Acadia National Park in Maine, where we can travel to perspective a pleasing mill bridges means to a park by John D. Rockefeller Jr., during 3 dates in late May. Closer to home, go for a self-guided debate of a Cape Cod National Seashore, with a miles of beaches, lighthouses, marshes, ponds, and furious cranberry bogs.
More info during NPS.gov
109. Taste Cape grapes (and rum). What’s improved than sipping giveaway rum in a sun? Truro Vineyards on a Cape has a new distillery called South Hollow Spirits, where Twenty Boat spiced rum is produced. So after your $10 booze tasting and giveaway tour, strike adult The Hollow, a vineyard’s rum shack, for a giveaway tasting. Savor it from a friendly chair on a common.
11 Shore Road, Route 6A, North Truro, trurovineyardsofcapecod.com
110. Catch a glance of a good life. At a spin of a 20th century, a Vanderbilt family summered in a Newport “cottage” called The Breakers. Grab a headset and douse yourself in a stories of how a Vanderbilts lived and played in this five-story palace by a sea, that includes a good hall, library, and song room.
44 Ochre Point Ave., Newport, Rhode Island, newportmansions.org