Bearfootin’ Bears collected for auction
October 18, 2015 - bbq set
On Monday, a bears that have been vital along Main Street given May will accumulate in front of a Historic Courthouse in expectation of a Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction scheduled for a following Saturday.
The entrance together of a one-of-a-kind artworks give anyone deliberation behest and holding one or some-more bears home after a auction a final demeanour while a bears are still open art.
Over $180,000 has been lifted for internal nonprofits given a auctions were instituted over a dozen years ago. Auction deduction directly support a internal nonprofits any bear represents, as good as a city of Hendersonville’s Downtown Program, a hosts and producers of a annual open art walk. The Henderson County Council on Aging, Mainstay and a Flat Rock Playhouse are a few of a organizations that will advantage from auction deduction this year.
The 2014 Bearfootin’ sale lifted over $35,000 — a record for a event.
Saturday’s Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction will flog off with bidder registration and live party during 2:30 p.m. with a auction removing underway during 4:30 p.m.
A new substitute behest choice gives off-site bidders set a limit bid. Pick adult a Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction leaflet during a Visitor’s Center or download during downtownhendersonville.org. The leaflet has information on any bear’s artist, unite and beneficiary, as good as auction information.
To learn more, call 828-233-3216.
The 20 bears entrance to auction, their sponsors, nonprofits and artists are:
• “Cooper,” sponsor: North Main Automotive; benefits: A Clear Word Counseling Center; artist: William Jameson.
• “Promise,” sponsor: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; benefits: Blue Ridge Humane Society Shelter; artist: Elizabeth McAfee.
• “Bear Stein,” sponsors: Dad’s Collectibles, Four Season’s Christmas Garden Decor More, Hogan Brewer Law, Mia’s Marketplace of Antiques More, PNC Bank Wag! A Unique Pet Boutique; benefits: Homeward Bound of Henderson County; artist: Del Holt.
• “Carl Sandbear,” sponsor: The Friends of Carl Sandburg; benefits: Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site; artist: Cynthia Wilson.
• “Mr. Wilson,” sponsor: Pardee Hospital; benefits: Pardee Hospital Foundation; artist: Hendersonville Middle School Art Department.
• “Robear,” sponsor: Four Seasons Rotary Charitable Foundation; benefits: Four Seasons Rotary Charitable Foundation; artist: Heather Seaman.
• “Think Big Bear,” sponsor: Champion Hills; benefits: Henderson County Education Foundation; artist: Veronika Hart
• “Mama Merrell,” sponsor: Merrell Paint Decorating Inc.; benefits: Housing Assistance Corporation; artist: Gretchen Wiles.
• “Blue Bear,” sponsors: Sara and Rich Arell; benefits: The Healing Place; artist: Beverly Russell.
• “Hank,” sponsor: Beverly-Hanks and Associates; benefits: Four Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care; artists: Sharon Carlyle and “The Bear Brigade”
• “Honeybear,” sponsors: Sherman’s Sports Army Store, Moe’s Original BBQ, Scarlet, Attorneys Title, Homestead Fine Linens and Carolina Cottages; benefits: Community Partnership for Pets; artists: Amy Weinsoff and Donna Levin.
• “Hope,” sponsor: Debbie Schusler’ benefits: NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness); artist: Debbie Schusler.
• “Boomer,” sponsors: Camp Pinnacle and Adventure Treks; benefits: Henderson County Young Leaders Program; artist: Fayssoux Evans.
• “Poppy Bear,” sponsor: The Volunteers of Meals on Wheels; benefits: The Council on Aging for Henderson County; artist: Sandee Setliff.
• “Care Bear a Message Bear-er,” sponsor: Mast General Store; benefits: Community Partnership for Pets; artist: Patty Henry.
• “Alfred,” sponsor: Hannah Flanagan’s Irish Pub; benefits: Mainstay; artist: Beverly Russell
• “Perennial Spirit,” sponsor: Mainstay; advantages Mainstay; artist: Alexis Deal.
• “#Ins“bear”ation,” sponsors: Dennis and Victoria Flanagan; benefits: The Flat Rock Playhouse; artist, Samantha Yaeger.
• “Cassio-Bear-A,” sponsor: Falguni Hospitality; benefitst: Team ECCO: Ocean Center Aquarium; artist: Robbi Clark.
• “Boulderbear,” sponsors: Hendograph Media, Chef Michael’s Catering and You Get We Give; benefits: Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy; artist, Susan Olivari.