Chicken Thighs with Chipotle BBQ Sauce (03.07.16)
March 8, 2016 - bbq set
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 vast shallot or 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/s teaspoon chipotle chile powder or 1 teaspoon chipotle prohibited sauce
- 1/2 crater ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in duck leg-thigh quarters, skinned
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat a tiny saucepan over medium-high heat; supplement oil; whirl to coat. Saute shallots with salt and peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add chipotle powder or sauce, ketchup, mustard, water, honey, vinegar and garlic powder to pan. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste. Cook on low for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season duck with salt and pepper. Divide salsa into dual parts; flow half into a bowl. Set aside. Brush a duck easily with half of a sauce. Baste a duck once during baking. Bake for 45 mins or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees. Serve with remaining sauce.