Clubs & lodges
January 1, 2017 - bbq set
STRIMBU GRANTS AWARDED: At a new 28th annual Gift Giving meeting, a Strimbu Memorial Fund Board of Directors voted to sunder extend allocations to internal mercantile growth and free organizations and people in need, totaling scarcely $110,500.
On Dec. 22, people representing these nonprofits collected during a Winner Arts and Cultural Center in Sharon, Pa., to accept their grants. Along with people in need, grants were awarded to a following organizations:
• The American Red Cross Lake to River Chapter, NE Ohio Region
• Community Food Warehouse
• Community Library of a Shenango Valley
• Joshua’s Haven
• Military Affairs of Northeast Ohio
• Penn-Northwest Development Corp.
• Prince of Peace Center
• The Salvation Army
• United Way of Mercer County
• Meals on Wheels Shenango Valley
• Meals on Wheels Trumbull County
• The Hope Center for Arts Technology
• West Hill Ministries
• Inspiring Minds
• Jamie’s Story
• WaterFire, Sharon
• Mercer County Mentoring
Also during a annual Gift Giving meeting, Spencer Strimbu and Dustin Ghizzoni were nominated and inaugurated to a board.
The 20th annual Wild Game Dinner is being designed for Feb. 26, 2017, along with a 28th annual Strimbu Memorial BBQ set for May 3, 2017. Funds lifted by a dual events will capacitate a SMF to continue a munificent support of area free initiatives.
More information about a Strimbu Memorial Fund is accessible during a Memorial Fund’s website, strimbumemorialfund.com.