Gunslingers, combatting combines will strife during 2015 Banks BBQ
August 8, 2015 - bbq set
With a gnashing of jumbo plantation equipment, a relating of label shark wits and a displays of beast tractor strength, a annual Banks BBQ is set to take core theatre all weekend prolonged Aug. 14-16 during Banks Sunset Park.
What: 2015 Banks BBQ Truck Tractor Pull
Where: Banks Sunset Park, 12765 N.W. Main St., Banks
When: The weekend-long celebration begins at 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, and continues 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug 16. See the event website for a detailed list of events and registration times.
What’s new: Gunslingers from Oregon 6 Gun Fast Draw, a new bar during a park, will reason a quick lift foe for all to see. Shooting balloons with lightning speed, competitors will knock it out like it was 1875. Registration for a competition starts during 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, and a competition should start shortly afterward.
Admission: Getting into a park is free, though you’ll need tickets to see a racetrack shows, such as a lorry and tractor pulls and a Combine Destruction Derby. On Saturday, grandstand acknowledgment is $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-16 or $25 for a Family Pass, good for dual adults and dual children. On Sunday, grandstand acknowledgment is $12 for adults, $6 for kids or $30 for a Family Pass. Children ages 5 and underneath get into a grandstands for giveaway any day.
- The festivities start off with a Texas Hold ’em tournament 7 p.m.
Friday during Schlegal Hall.
- The tractor and lorry pulls will start at 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. respectively Saturday, afterwards together during 1 p.m. Sunday. Not certain how a tractor lift works? Check out a anatomy of a tractor lift sled.
- The Banks Grand Parade will line Main Street with neighbors and candy during 11 a.m. Sunday. If we wish in on a fun, march pointer up starts at 8:30 a.m. during a dilemma of Main Street and Sunset Avenue.
- Misty Mamas will bravery out copiousness of bluegrass, gospel and folk tunes from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Kids can get into a weekend’s many competitions too with a pedal pull in a grandstand area, a grease stick climb and a frog jumping contest Starting during 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Catch and move your possess frog, and keep your wallets full of room for a income to be collected on a douse pole.
- The Combine Destruction Derby will rip by a finish of a weekend during 4:30 p.m. Sunday. Watch as a grievous machines collect a tools of their rivals.
The continue foresee is awaiting a comfortable weekend with object on Saturday and some rain on Sunday. Keep an eye on the forecast to know how to prepare.