Jambo’s BBQ swallows Arlington Steak House, city’s oldest restaurant
January 2, 2016 - bbq set
Jambo’s BBQ Shack is holding over a 84-year-old Arlington Steak House, a city’s oldest restaurant, and will refurbish a storied West Division Street landmark, according to genuine estate brokers.
Jambo’s owners Ashton and Paul Lovato will take over a beef residence Feb. 1 and gradually revive grill to a menu while gripping a restaurant’s thesis and high-rolling history, according to a Coldwell Banker Commercial Alliance DFW announcement.
It’s a second Arlington plcae for Jambo’s, founded in 2013 in Rendon by TV pitmaster Jamie Geer and bought in 2014 by a Lovatos. Texas Monthly has singled out a strange Rendon plcae for a surfaced baked potato, a “Sadie,” and for a “Jambo Texan” multiple sandwich.
The Lovatos had pronounced final month they were negotiating for a then-unidentified Arlington plcae and would supplement Jambo’s grill to a stream menu.
The Arlington Steak House, famous for chicken-fried beef and feathery leavening rolls, non-stop in 1931 as a Triangle Inn, a roadhouse bar and grill along what was afterwards U.S. 80, a nation’s vital transcontinental highway.
In a early days, a grill was a distinguished stop for horserace bettors and fans going to a aged Arlington Downs racetrack, circuitously where today’s Globe Life Park stands. In a 1930s and ’40s, congregation on their approach to or from a circuitously Top O’ Hill Terrace gambling casino stopped to hear nationally famous jazz bands and splash unlawful whiskey over poker and roulette tables upstairs.
Current owners Dick and Lynn Brink bought a steakhouse in 2012.
The steakhouse, 1724 W. Division St., will sojourn open by a tenure change. Jambo’s Arlington plcae is during 2502 Little Road.