Short & Sweet: BBQ turkey sliders and bling bling slaw
December 26, 2016 - bbq set
For a sliders:
2 pounds belligerent turkey
1/4 crater water
Kosher salt and creatively belligerent black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided1 vast onion, sliced thin
1 immature pepper, sliced thin
1/2 crater BBQ sauce
16 potato or brioche rolls, separate in half
For a slaw:
1 tiny conduct of cabbage shaved thin
1 vast carrot, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons Sriracha
Method of Preparation:
1. For a slaw, cut a cabbage in half, and regulating a pointy knife, trim it thin.
2. Add a carrot and toss.
3. Add a olive oil, vinegar and Sriracha and brew well. Chill in fridge until served.
4. Add a turkey to a vast play along with 1/4 crater water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and brew to combine. Mold a turkey into 16 even-size slider patties.
5. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a vast roaster vessel over middle heat. Add a patties and prepare for 4-5 mins per side. Be certain to not pierce them until they are prepared to flip when brownish-red on a initial side. Set aside.
6. Heat remaining dual tablespoons of oil in a vast sauté pan. Add a onions and a splash of salt. Caramelize over middle heat. Then supplement a peppers, adding H2O as needed, to deglaze a pan. Add a BBQ salsa to a onions and peppers when they are mostly caramelized, about 3-4 minutes.
7. Top any potato hurl bottom with a turkey patty and ladle some of a BBQ caramelized onions over a top, supplement a Bling Bling Slaw and tip with a remaining hurl piece.
Chef’s note: This recipe uses belligerent turkey, though could be replaced with belligerent beef of your choice such as pork, duck or beef.